Thursday 31 March 2011 | Galeri, Caernarfon
Performance Time: 7.30pm
- Performers: Jonathan Burrows (UK) & Matteo Fargion (Italy)
- Details: 40 min, Wales Premiere
Choreographer Jonathan Burrows and composer Matteo Fargion present the first part of a trio of performances that have been seen across 28 countries in over 200 performances.
Both Sitting Duet is a gentle exploration into how the relationship between music and dance is percieved, and the fragile but permeable boundaries between the two worlds.
Burrows and Fargion performances are a formal but humourous meditation on the nature of communication, and the relationship between each other and with the audience.
Winner of the New York Dance and Performance 'Bessie' Award.
- "It was certainly one of the funniest and most ingenious dances seen in New York in a long time." The New York Times
- "I emerged from the French premiere of Both Sitting Duet in a veritable glow, my world expanded, its walls tumbling down." The danceinsider.com
- "Absurdist self-indulgence you'll be thinking, but what you see is revelation and joy." The Evening Standard, London
- "One of the most enchanting things I've ever seen." The Daily Telegraph, London
- "By now we ought to be accustomed to the surprises the wry, spry and elegant pairing of Jonathan Burrows and Matteo Fargion keep springing on us, but somehow we're not; they've always got an extra rabbit in the hat to take us unawares." Ballet Magazine, UK
Both Sitting Duet has been supported by Kaaitheater Brussels; Dance Umbrella London; NOTT Dance Festival, England; Joint Adventures Munich; The Arts Council of England; PARTS/Rosas; Dance 4; The Laban Centre London and the Jonathan Burrows Group.